Briefly in Windows XP:
- Download the drivers from Intel
Extract the archive:
- Windows: Just extract it. You will get an floppy image named F32.IMA
- Linux: Because of it is a self-extract archive, you can use unzip or p7zip to extract f6flpy32.exe and can still get F32.IMA
- Mount the floppy image. No bother to use a real floppy.
- In the initialization stage, press F6 to get the external SATA drivers.
- Press S to select driver. Please select Intel(R) 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile ICH8M-E/M)
- Then go ahead